The structure of websites, and navigation, often reflects an organisation’s internal structures more than the needs of users/customers, which often results in a gap between the mental model of users, and the content and structure of the app, website or service. We will work with you to align your content with the needs and expectations of your customers, placing them at the heart of the experience.
What we will do
We will work with you to understand your current situation, and what you need, before agreeing on a programme to remodel the structure of your app, website, service, or product. Depending on the extent of existing research and definition work, we will conduct some or all of the following activities:
- Research – conduct research with users in order to establish their behaviours and needs. This may involve card sorting, interviews, user tests
- Audit – conduct an audit of your content and site structure
- Gap analysis – identify gaps between the existing content and structure and business goals and users’ needs
- Workshop – work with you on content and navigation models that work for both you and your users
- Map – develop, and test taxonomies, sitemaps and navigation
We will work with you to find the most optimal solutions with existing constraints – such as those set by content management systems, and optimising for search performance.
What you will get
- A report in simple, concise language, which explains the findings from work undertaken
- Recommendations covering taxonomy, information architecture, and navigation
- Sitemap and other relevant artefacts